- Situated in Abilene, Texas, United States Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing is a consortium of Hardin-Simmons University and also McMurry University. PHSSN is the only intercollegiate training program in the country that serves two private universities. At Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing, you will learn the art, science and also spirit of this honorable You’ll finish your core courses at one of their two consortium universities, then apply for admission to and also train at PHSSN for your rewarding career as a nurse.
- At the Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing, they are devoted to preparing you to sit for the national licensing examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a registered nurse.
- At Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing, they are devoted to preparing nursing pupils for Christian leadership and also service all over Texas, the country, and the world. They look forward to meeting and also working with you to help you prepare for an exciting career in nursing.
About the school
- In the year 1924, the West Texas Baptist Sanitarium was opened with the joined initiatives of Millard Jenkins, pastor of First Baptist Church, and also Dr. Jefferson D. Sandefer, president of Simmons College (Hardin-Simmons University). Along with the hospital, the West Texas Baptist Sanitarium College of Nursing unveiled its doors for the very first time and also produced its first class of only three graduates.
- In the year 2005, Patty Hanks Shelton donated the funds for the present building to be constructed; the name was then modified again to Patty Hanks Shelton School of Nursing.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,110
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
All Applicants must complete the Application Process, which will then be reviewed by the PHSSN Admissions Committee to determine if students meet the below requirements.
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) must be a minimum of a 3.00 on a 4.00 scale
- Completion of all nursing prerequisite courses with a letter grade of ‘C’ or higher (Letter grade of less than ‘C’ will not be accepted toward Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree) Course Exception: Pathophysiology must have a minimum of a ‘B’
- Students are also required to take a Nursing Entrance Exam
- Completion of General Education and Prerequisite coursework before entering first semester at PHSSN
Address: 2149 Hickory St, Abilene, TX 79601, USA
Phone: +1 325-671-2399
Submit your review