- The School of Nursing offers a Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree to pupils at campuses all over the state of Oklahoma. All Bachelor of Science in nursing courses are upper division, and also applicants must finish the 67 academic credit hours of prerequisite course work prior to enrollment in the first year of the nursing training program. The nursing curriculum comprises of 60 semester hours of sequenced courses integrating theoretical (in class and web-based) and clinical content. Graduates of the training program receive a BSN degree and are qualified to sit for the state exam for licensure as a registered nurse.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Baccalaureate degree in Nursing Practice training program at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Centre.
About the school
- The University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Centre is the health sciences outlet of the University of Oklahoma, United States. Situated in Oklahoma City, it serves as the major place of instruction for many of Oklahoma’s health professions.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $27,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0.
In general, the College of Nursing does not honor academic forgiveness or reprieve policies. Each attempt at each course from each institution previously attended will be calculated into the Cumulative GPA.
- A science grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 on a scale of 4.0.
At least one of the four laboratory science prerequisites must be completed at the time of application to establish a science GPA above the minimum requirement. Each attempt at Human Anatomy, Human Physiology, Microbiology and General (Intro) Chemistry will be calculated. No other science courses will be used to calculate this Science GPA. In general, the College of Nursing does not honor academic forgiveness or reprieve policies. Each attempt at each of these four courses from each institution previously attended will be calculated into the overall Science GPA.
- A grade of “C” or better in all prerequisite courses.
- Credit hour transfer requirements must be met for each prerequisite course.
The University of Oklahoma is on a semester credit-hour system. Students completing coursework at an institution on a quarter credit-hour system are advised coursework will transfer based on a 0.67 transfer rate. For example: a 3 credit-hour course on the quarter credit-hours system will transfer as 2.01 semester credit-hours and will not meet the transfer credit hour requirement for most prerequisite courses. Please contact an academic advisor for further advisement.
- Completion of at least 30 semester hours of prerequisites at the time the application for admission is submitted.
Clarification: All students must transfer a total of 67 non-nursing credit hours, including prerequisite courses, prior to enrollment in nursing classes. Elective hours can be taken, as needed, to complete the total transfer hour requirement. For example, if an applicant only has 65 total hours after completing all prerequisites, the applicant will need 2 elective credit hours prior to enrolling in nursing courses.
Address: 1100 N Lindsay Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73104, USA
Phone: +1 405-271-4000
Submit your review