- A lot of opportunities for professional nurses exist now than ever, as a result of the global shortage of Registered Nurses and also expanding Nurses work in all sorts of health care, business and also service areas, and also at all levels–giving bedside care, running their practices, and also being CEOs of large organizations. Your access to nursing is the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN), providing you with eligibility for Registered Nurse (RN) licensure.
- Kramer School of Nursing will not keep you hanging around to become a nurse. All eligible undergraduate nursing applicants are admitted and may start coursework as soon as general education classes, and also prerequisites are complete.
- The Kramer School of Nursing at OCU is endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing. Graduates of this state-approved training program meet the requirements to apply to write the National Council Licensure Exam (NCLEX) for registered nurses.
About the school
- Oklahoma City University, typically known as OCU or OKCU, is a coeducational, urban, non-public university historically associated with the United Methodist Church. It is situated in the uptown district of Oklahoma City, United States.
- The institution offers undergraduate Bachelor’s degrees, graduate master’s degrees and also doctoral degrees, structured into eight colleges and schools as well as one Methodist seminary. Pupils can major in over 70 undergraduate majors, 20 graduate degrees, including a JD, MBA and also D. in Nursing, and also an Adult Studies Training program for working adults to earn a Bachelor of Science or even Bachelor of Arts degree.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,360
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- A 3.00 cumulative GPA or higher
- A cumulative GPA of 2.50 or higher in all science courses. All course attempt grades in all science courses will be calculated, not just the highest grade.
- Completed junior-level nursing course prerequisites including (number of hours): Human Anatomy with a lab (3-5)* Human Physiology (3-5)* Microbiology with a lab (3-4) Introduction to Psychology (3) College chemistry course with a lab, preferably introductory, general, or organic chemistry (4-5)
- English proficiency as outlined in the English Proficiency Policy for Admission to NURS Courses
- Not more than 6 credit hours of general education courses remaining before beginning 3000-level nursing courses.
- Spring 2018 and following: Minimum HESI exam composite score of 70
*A full semester of Human Anatomy with a lab and a full semester of Human Physiology may be substituted for Anatomy and Physiology I and and Anatomy and Physiology II. This option requires the substitution of both courses, not just one course.
Address: 2501 N Blackwelder Ave, Oklahoma City, OK 73106, USA
Submit your review