Reasons to opt for the ADN training program at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College:
Quality – Northeast Wisconsin Technical College ADN graduates take the same national licensing examination that graduates from four-year colleges and also universities do, and Northeast Wisconsin Technical College graduates constantly score above the national average.
Success – Northeast Wisconsin Technical College nursing graduates report more than 90% job placement as Registered Nurses within half a year of graduation.
Expertise – Classroom, lab and also simulation instruction, comprehensive clinical experience at area hospitals, extended care amenities and also clinics, and service possibilities like work at the N.E.W. Clinic at Northeast Wisconsin Technical College all provide practical patient care experience that helps make NWTC graduates efficient on the job.
The training program is certified by the (ACEN) Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
About The School
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (NWTC), also referred to as NWTC, is among the sixteen technical and community colleges in the Wisconsin Technical College System in the USA.
Total estimated program cost is USD $15,000
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed application.
- High school transcript or equivalent. (For a list of equivalents, go to www.nwtc.edu/gettingstarted.)
- As a requirement for program entry, an Academic Skills Assessment (Accuplacer or ACT) with appropriate benchmark scores is necessary. Accuplacer benchmarks are Arithmetic, 79; Reading Comprehension, 95: Sentence Skills, 103. ACT benchmarks are Math, 18; Reading, 21; English 21. Applicants not meeting these benchmarks or the equivalent will be required to establish an individualized academic plan. Upon completion of the plan, full program or wait list status will be granted. To learn more about these assessments and program benchmark scores, please contact an advisor at (920) 498-5444 or (888) 385-6982.
- One semester of college Chemistry with a “C” or better OR two semesters of high school Chemistry with a “C” or better. NWTC course that would fulfill Chemistry requirement; 10-806-134.
- One semester of college Biology with a “C” or better OR two semesters of high school Biology with a “C” or better. NWTC courses that would fulfill Biology requirement: 31-806-312, Anatomy Structure/Function; 10-806-189, Basic Anatomy; 10-806-177, General Anatomy & Physiology.
- All students must have completed Intro to Biochemistry (10-806-186) with a “B” grade or better (prerequisite of Chemistry with a “C” grade or better).
If Intro to Biochemistry was completed in the summer 2012 or prior, a “C” grade or better is acceptable.
REQUIREMENTS FOR PROGRAM ENTRY
- Attend mandatory orientation.
- Submit required immunization documentation. A fee is charged for this service. Additional information will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
- Students are required to complete an American Heart Association BLS Provider course prior to clinical experiences. Students are required to maintain a current CPR card to comply with affiliating agency requirements. Recommended completing between program orientation and program start.
- All students must successfully complete a DHS approved Nursing Assistant course prior to program entry.
- Complete caregiver background check. A fee is charged for this service. Additional information will be provided upon acceptance into the program.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College
Address: 2740 W Mason St, Green Bay, WI 54307
Submit your review