- The Northwestern Oklahoma State University Nursing training program is among the top in the state with the national RN licensing exam (NCLEX) pass rates. They are certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) and are endorsed by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing (OBN).
- Northwestern offers a Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing. Since the creation of the Department of Nursing in 1982, three paths have been offered for obtaining a baccalaureate in nursing. A BSN provides the basis of a study that can serve as a foundation for pursuing advanced education in
- First, the 4-year Generic or Traditional Path provides the educational opportunities vital for the preparation of a professional nurse. Upon completion of all training program requirements, the Generic Graduate along with the LPN -to-BSN path Graduate is qualified to sit and write the National Council Licensing Examination (NCLEX-RN) to become a registered nurse (RN).
About the school
- Northwestern Oklahoma State University (NWOSU) is an institution in Alva, Oklahoma, United States Of America, with satellite campuses in Enid and also Woodward. As a state university, it offers both Bachelor’s and also master’s degrees.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,220
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- High School Diploma and meet the NWOSU Admission requirements.
- Completion of all courses listed as prerequisites to the nursing major with a minimum of “C” before entering the junior nursing courses, maintaining the RGPA requirement of 2.50. Applicants completing prerequisite coursework during summer session may be admitted conditionally pending attainment of the specified RGPA, and a minimum grade of “C” in the following prerequisite courses prior to beginning the junior nursing courses in the Fall.
- CHEM 1105 Chemistry for Non-Majors OR CHEM 1115 General Chemistry I
- BIOL 3115 Introduction to Microbiology
- BIOL 3184 Human Anatomy
- BIOL 3194 Human Physiology
- NURS 3033 Pathophysiology for Nurses OR BIOL 4503 Pathophysiology
- ENG 1113 Comp I
- ENG 1213 Comp II
- HED 1820 Nutrition (3 hours)
- MATH 1513 College Algebra
- MATH 1313 Statistics OR PSYC 4213 Statistics
- PSYC 1113 General Psychology
- PSYC 3123 Human Life-Span Development
- SOC 1113 Introductory Sociology
- SCOM 1113 Intro to Speech Communication
- Science GPA of 2.5. Applicants can not repeat a science course more than one time. A withdrawal counts as a repeat. Exceptions may be made at the discretion of the faculty as a group.
- Complete application and submit to the Division of Nursing, with references. Generic Track Applications are reviewed by the Division of Nursing Admissions Committee beginning in February each year.
- Completion of the ATI TEAS (Test of Essential Academic Skills) exam. Applicant must pass the TEAS with a score at or above the ATI TEAS BSN Program Mean.
- Certification as a CNA (Certified Nursing Assistant) in the state of Oklahoma.
- Completion of a History & Physical Exam, and Student records as indicated in the Application Packet.
8.. Successful completion of a federal background check
Address: 709 E Oklahoma Blvd, Alva, OK 73717, USA
Submit your review