- The BSN program at Nicholls State University prepares the individual for independent practice, further growth in professional nursing, and for formal graduate study.
- The graduate acts as provider and advocate of nursing services for clients of all ages within community and family settings.
About the school
- Nicholls State University is situated in Thibodaux, Louisiana, United States.
- It was founded in 1948, is a public university and is part of the University of Louisiana System of universities.
- The university is named after Francis T. Nicholls, a member of the Louisiana Supreme Court and a former governor of Louisiana.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $34,962
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing programs is a self-managed application process:
- Application packets may only be obtained after attending a mandatory Nursing Information Session. At the information session, a deadline for packet completion will be given regarding either the fall or spring semesters. You will need to sign up to attend the Nursing Information Session. Sign-up begins in early February (for fall applications) and early September (for spring applications). Information regarding the Nursing Information Sessions can be found here!
- Students applying for admission will be reviewed by the Committee on Admissions, Progression, Scholarship and Honors for each respective program if all of the following are received by the advertised deadline:
- Application to the BSN Program
- LSBNApplication for Permission to Enroll in a Clinical Nursing Course
- Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended
- Students applying will be formally notified of their admission status by mail.
Meeting the minimum requirements for admission does not guarantee admission to the BSN program.
Students intending to apply to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program must meet the admission requirements of Nicholls State University and submit an additional application to the BSN program.
Students must meet the following minimum criteria to apply for admission into the clinical nursing sequence:
- Completion of required first 35 hours of the BSN Curriculum.
- Grade-point average of at least 2.75 (4.0 scale) in all required courses with no grade below a “C”. Only the first 35 hours of required courses in the Nicholls BSN curriculum will be utilized to determine GPA.
- Students are limited to a total of three (3) repeats among the 35 prerequisite hours to be eligible to apply to the clinical component of the BSN program.
- Students on probationary status are not permitted to enroll in nursing courses with a clinical component.
- Completion of the HESI (Health Education System, Inc.) Nursing Admissions Assessment Test (A2) with a minimum score of 75%.
Students seeking transfer into the Nicholls State University BSN program from another nursing program must meet minimum admission and progression requirements for the BSN program. Furthermore, transfer students must have a letter submitted from the nursing program from which they are transferring stating they are in good standing and eligible to re-enter that program.
Students on probationary status are not permitted to enroll in any nursing course with a clinical component. Students must also have approval to enroll in a clinical nursing course from the Louisiana State Board of Nursing.
The curriculum and admission criteria for the BSN program are subject to change as deemed necessary by the faculty and administration to ensure an effective program of study. PLEASE schedule an appointment with an adviser of the program PRIOR to registration!
Address: 906 East 1st St. Thibodaux, Louisiana 70301
Phone: 1-877-NICHOLLS, +1 877-642-4655