- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from NU allows you to enroll for the registered nurse national licensure examination and enter the ranks of professional nurses making a difference.
- Students also receive the benefit of joining a private, liberal arts, Catholic University that characterizes personalized instruction, with clinical instruction in the major teaching hospitals and different community agencies.
About the school
- Newman University is a co-educational Catholic university named after John Henry Cardinal Newman and established by the Adorers of the Blood of Christ in Wichita, Kansas, United States.
- The aim of Newman University is to empower students to change society for better.
- Newman University has over forty undergraduate and numerous graduate programs with more than 3,000 students. Its classes are under 20 students per class.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,920
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
APPLICATION STEPS FOR BSN PROGRAM
- Undergraduate Admissions Application(this must be completed if you have not already applied to Newman University. You will need to be accepted to the University to receive an interview.
- BSN Nursing Application (not the Admissions Application)Must be completed by all applicants to the BSN Nursing Program (Application will be available online September 6, 2016)
- Official transcripts for coursework from all colleges must be submitted to validate coursework.
- Completion of 57 semester hours of designated college courses
- Completed BSN Nursing Application including two completed reference forms must be submitted before an interview will be scheduled. Applications can be hand delivered to the Nursing Department in Eck Hall 2nd floor or mailed to : Newman University Nursing Department 3100 McCormick Ave. Wichita, KS 67213.
- Interview with Admission and Progression Committee, a minimum GPA of 2.85in prerequisite and general education courses is required
- Admission to Newman University
- Successful completion of 57-60 semester hours of designated college courses. No more than 6 general education hours may be remaining. A grade of C or better must be obtained in all courses. http://newmanu.edu/numedia/departments/nursing/BSN-Nursing-Curriculum.pdf
- Complete the BSN Nursing Application packet Return the application packet to the Nursing office in Eck Hall 2nd floor or mail to: Newman University Nursing Department 3100 McCormick Ave. Wichita, KS 67213.
- Interview with Admission and Progression Committee (Minimum GPA of 2.85 in prerequisite courses needed for interview)
- After acceptance, students will need to complete a Health Physical, CPR Healthcare Provider Course, which includes Adult, Child and Infant CPR and Foreign Body Airway Obstruction, before starting the program.
- The CPR course must be received in the year of admission to the program. Online courses will not be accepted.
- A background check is required to comply with the contractual agreements with clinical agencies used by Newman University
- Successful Drug and Alcohol Screening prior to beginning the program.
- All courses in the nursing curriculum must be taken at Newman University after admission to the program
- Students are limited to 2 attempts at application/admission to nursing and may not apply a third time.
Address: 3100 McCormick Wichita, KS 67213-2097
Submit your review