- Mount Mercy University BSN is among the longest-established and also most known baccalaureate nursing programs in Iowa. Mount Mercy offers top quality, integrated theoretical nursing content, clinical lab simulation as well as practical experience. The regular nursing faculty is known as the best in their field. Nurses from local hospitals and also agencies also serve as professors — bringing their real-world expertise from the bedside into the classroom.
- Mount Mercy University is endorsed by the Iowa Board of Nursing. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) certifies the baccalaureate degree in nursing program
About the school
- Mount Mercy University is a 4-year, coeducational Catholic liberal arts school situated in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, United States of America. The university was established by the Sisters of Mercy in 1928.
- Students take a core of liberal arts courses providing an extensive foundation for a lot of specific areas of study including Fine arts, english, multicultural studies, history, mathematics, natural science, social science, philosophy, religious studies and also speech/drama. The institution offers over 45 undergraduate programs of study and also 6 graduate programs. Many of these programs are available for web-based learning.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,360
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- 0 Cumulative GPA
- 2 of 4 courses: CO 101, SO 122, PS 124, PS 101
- A grade of C or above in classes:
BI 125 Biology
BI 150 Microbiology (A co-requisite 2016 only)
BI 273 Human Anatomy
CH 110 General Chemistry (No Lab)
EN Writing class
Nu 101 Call to Nursing
Nu 113 Medical Terminology
CO 101 Oral Communication
PS 101 Introduction to Psychology
PS 124 Developmental Psychology
SO 122 Introduction to Sociology
- Students must complete prerequisite coursework by the end of the spring term of the year that they apply to the major.
- To be a candidate to apply to the major a student can repeat a prerequisite science course(s) one time only (BI 125 Intro to Biology; CH 110 Introduction to Chemistry; BI 273 Human Anatomy; and BI 150 Microbiology).
- Traditional or transfer students who have completed 24 credit hours at MMU and need to repeat a prerequisite course in the summer of the year that they apply to the major will be placed on a wait list, rank ordered by GPA and evaluated for admission pending available space in the cohort.
- College credit from another institution, except summer coursework, must be transferred into MMU prior to end of spring semester of the year applying to the major.
- If a student has not already completed the Certified Nurse Assistant (CNA) course prior to applying to the major, verification of registration into a CNA course must be submitted to the student’s academic advisor prior to the last day of the spring term of the year applying to the major.
- A student who took the Certified Nursing Assistant course greater than three years prior to applying to the major and has not worked within the last three years as a CNA/Tech at a hospital or nursing home must take a Certified Nursing Assistant Refresher course.
- The Certified Nursing Assistant and/or the Certified Nursing Assistant Refresher course must be completed prior to the first day of the fall term of the year starting the nursing program.
Address: 1330 Elmhurst Dr NE, Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Phone: (319) 363-8213