- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Morehead State University offers a program of study which merges general education courses with clinical education and professional nursing theory.
- The program trains the graduates for the position of the professional nurse and delivers a foundation for graduate study.
- Graduates of the program are qualified to take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurses.
- The BSN also offers a post-licensure RN track also recognized as RN-BSN component where graduates of diploma nursing programs and associate degree may pursue the baccalaureate degree.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE)accredits the BSN program at Morehead State University
About the school
- Morehead State University (MSU) is situated in Morehead, Kentucky, United States, at the base of the Daniel Boone National Forest in Rowan County, halfway between Lexington, Kentucky, and Huntington, West Virginia.
- It is a public, coeducational university founded in 1887.
- MSU is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- It has 214-degree programs available through four colleges (College of Business and Public Affairs, Caudill College of Humanities, College of Science and Technology and College of Education). The university also offers a Doctoral degree in Education.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $30,369
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Complete the Undergraduate Admission & Scholarship Application and submit your $30 non-refundable application processing fee.
Submit your official ACT or SAT scores (minimum ACT of 18 or SAT of 860 required for unconditional admission).
Submit a copy of your OFFICIAL high school transcripts (must be signed and sealed from your school) to the Office of Enrollment Services. GED recipients, submit your GED scores and certificate to the Office of Enrollment Services.
Have an admission index of 500 to be admitted unconditionally. Calculate your admission index using the formula below.
( _______ High School GPA x 100 ) + ( _______ ACT x 10) = _______ Admission Index
We also admit students provisionally with an index of 475-499 or conditionally with an index of 450-474. Provisionally or conditionally admitted students will be required to participate in specific student success programming.
Don’t forget to send the results of your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to MSU (FAFSA Code: 001976).
Submit a copy of your ACT or SAT score (minimum ACT score of 18 or SAT of 860 to be admitted unconditionally).
Submit a copy of your OFFICIAL high school transcripts (must be signed and sealed from your school) to the Office of Enrollment Services.
GED recipients, submit your GED scores and certificate to the Office of Enrollment Services.
If required, complete additional forms:
Visiting Student Form – If you check “Visiting Student” on your application, you must complete this form with the signature of your current school’s registrar.
Residency Application (per 13 KAR 2:045)
PLEASE NOTE that the following items indicated below MUST be forwarded with your application and provided DIRECTLY to the Department of Nursing:
- Completed Nursing Program application form.
- ACT (or SAT) scores. (RN-BSN applicants do not need to submit these materials.)
- Current and legible copy of transcript from Morehead State University. Currently enrolled MSU students may submit an unofficial transcript printed from their secure website. If courses taken at another institution(s) are not listed on MSU transcript, the applicant must submit official transcripts from all other colleges/universities attended to the Morehead State University Enrollment Services – Admissions Office. The Department of Nursing will accept copies of transcripts as defined as (1) copies of official transcripts, (2) unofficial copies from applicant’s college/university secure website.
- Copy of fall or spring mid-term grades. If not available from college/university, must submit as soon as possible after the application deadline. (RN-BSN applicants do not need to submit these materials.)
- If transfer credit is sought for nursing courses completed at another college/university, please submit (1) a letter of good social and academic standing from nursing program administrator, (2) university catalog course description, and (3) course syllabus.
- If a Licensed Practical Nurse, please submit (1) an active and unrestricted license to practice as a LPN in Kentucky (please provide copy of verification), (2) copy of official transcripts, and (3) copy of state diploma.
- If a certified Paramedic, please submit (1) copy of the national standard curriculum paramedic course, (2) an active and unrestricted national or state certification to practice as a Paramedic (please provide a copy of certification and verification), (3) copy of official transcripts, and (4) proof of the equivalent of one year’s experience as a Paramedic.
- If a licensed Registered Nurse, please submit (1) an active and unrestricted license to practice as a RN in Kentucky (please provide copy of verification), (2) copy of official transcripts, and (3) copy of transcript from an Associate or Certificate Degree.
Morehead (Residential Campus)
150 University Blvd., Morehead, KY 40351
MSU at Ashland
1400 College Dr., Ashland, KY 41101
MSU at Mt. Sterling
3400 Indian Mound Dr., Mt. Sterling, KY40353
MSU at Prestonsburg
6 Bert Combs Dr., Prestonsburg, KY 41653
MSU at West Liberty
155 University Dr., West Liberty, KY 41472