- MNU combines state-of-the-art laboratories and faculty expertise with your personal desire to provide you unequal prospects for coursework and clinical completion in about 12 months.
- Graduates are prepared to successfully take the NCLEX-RN® exam and achieve your fundamental goal of becoming a qualified registered nurse.
- The bachelor of science nursing program is endorsed by the Kansas state board of nursing. The commission on collegiate nursing education accredits the baccalaureate degree in nursing at MNU.
About the school
- MidAmerica Nazarene University (abbreviated MNU) is a located in Olathe, Kansas, United States. It was established in 1966 by the Church of the Nazarene.
- It is a Christian liberal arts college and a member of the National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU) and Council for Christian Colleges and Universities (CCCU)
- The Commission on Institutions of Higher Education of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools accredited MNU since 1974.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $32,940
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
TRADITIONAL NURSING PROGRAM
Before you can fully enroll, simply complete the following:
· Apply for Admission.
· Submit results of the ACT or SAT. (MNU’s ACT code is 1445 and SAT code is 6437)
· Submit your official high school transcripts to MNU (Download Transcript Request Form)
· Official Admissions Interview (Highly Recommended)
· Complete the FAFSA and ask that your ISIR be shared with MNU. Our FAFSA number is 007032
We can’t wait to help make your transfer to MNU as seamless as possible. Before you can enroll, simply make sure you have completed the list below:
- Complete the free Application for Admission, by answering all questions.
- Submit FAFSA information (available after October 1). MNU’s school code: 007032.
- Submit MNU Housing Form.
- Submit $200 confirmation deposit. The confirmation deposit must be paid before the room assignment and pre-registration can proceed. This deposit will be applied directly to your tuition balance during the first semester.
- Submit all official college transcripts.
At MNU, we have a dedicated admissions counselor just for transfer students! To reach Dennis Miller, simply call 913.971.3380 or email him at [email protected].
TRANSFER CREDIT AGREEMENTS
If you are from the Kansas City area and are interested in transferring to MNU, check out the Registrar’s page to get full information about what classes will transfer and MNU’s general education requirements. We have formal articulation agreements with:
- Johnson County Community College (JCCC)
- Kansas City Kansas Community College (KCKCC)
- Kansas University (KU)
- Metropolitan Community College (MCC)
- Neosho County Community College (NCCC)
If you are transferring in from a college not listed, Dennis Miller, [email protected], will be able to walk you through your personalized transfer plan. Also be sure to check out the MNU Catalog for more information.
We can’t wait to help make your enrollment process to MNU as easy as possible. Before you can enroll, simply make sure you have completed the list below:
- Apply to MNU
- Submit your official, evaluated high school transcripts or final completion documents
- Submit a copy of your passport
- Submit a copy of any U.S. visa you have had or currently have
- Submit your TOEFL, SAT or ACT scores
- Submit your college/university transcripts, if applicable
Accelerated BSN Program
You are eligible for our program ONLY if you:
- have a BS or BA degreein another field from a regionally-accredited college or university, OR
- are an LPN or paramedic/MICT with 60 hours of college credit from a regionally-accredited college or university, OR
- are HIGHLY motivated with at least 60 hours of credit from a regionally-accredited college or university.
- have a program prerequisite GPA of at least 3.0 on a 4.0 grading scale, AND
- have a cumulative undergraduate GPA* of at least 2.7 on a 4.0 grading scale.
- submit ATI TEAS computerized scholastic aptitude exam– a minimum adjusted individual score of 68 must be achieved in a maximum of two attempts and test scores, must be sent to MNU’s School of Professional and Graduate Studies by the agency.
- demonstrate proficiency with the English language
Steps for Application:
- Complete theonline application for MNU.
- At the end of the MNU application, follow the link to apply to the Accelerated BSN program through NursingCAS***.
- Submit the required application documents, NursingCAS application and the $45 application fee.
Address: 2030 E. College Way, Olathe, KS 66062-1899
Phone: 913-782-3750 or 800-800-8887