- The RN-BSN program at Midway University is an accelerated Bachelor of Science in Nursing program which offers ADN graduates and registered nurses a smooth transition into more advanced coursework.
- The curriculum merges professional nursing theory with general education courses, a nontraditional clinical practice, and complex critical thinking.
- The Nursing program prepares professional nurses as leaders who can deliver health care to groups, families and individuals and populations of diverse cultures in different settings.
- Students admitted into the Nursing program are registered nurses who have formerly earned either a diploma in nursing or an Associate degree and have a current RN license.
- This track comprises of upper-division-level coursework. Two tracks are offered: a 12-month accelerated format (must have support and General Education courses completed) or a two-year format. The accelerated track can aid you to enter the labor force up to a year quicker than traditional BSN students at other schools.
- Midway’s RN-BSN online combined program is adaptable to allow registered nurses the opportunity to continue in the labor force while earning a Bachelor’s degree.
About the school
- Midway University is located in Midway, Kentucky.
- It is an independent, liberal arts university affiliated by covenant with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ), with about 1,800 students
- it presently offers two and four-year degrees and was originally founded as the Kentucky Female Orphan School on October 3, 1849.
- Midway’s Board of Trustees voted unanimously in May 2016, to start admitting male undergraduates for the first time in the school’s history in the fall 2017 semester.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $31,400
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
For acceptance into the RN-BSN program the student must meet the following criteria:
1. Complete application for admission to the college (unless continuing directly from the Midway Campus ADN program).
2. Submit official college and high school transcripts as required.
3. Must hold a current RN license. Will be verified by Nursing Department.
4. Be accepted by the college and complete an admission interview with the chairperson of the program or designee.
5. Submit a current resume.
6. Be a graduate from an ADN or diploma program. Graduates of diploma nursing programs must complete the NLN Acceleration Challenge Exam to have nursing courses converted to college credit hours. This is a college requirement. Cost of the NLN Acceleration Challenge Exam is the responsibility of the student.
7. Have a GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale, (2.0 or a 4.0 scale for Midway University ADN graduates).
8. Provide evidence of current clinical practice within the last five years via:
a. Graduation certificate from a school of nursing within the past two years
b. Work experience preferred.
9. Provide evidence of satisfactory clinical performance. The Student Reference and Evaluation form must be received from current nursing employer or from the ADN or diploma nursing program faculty for applicants who have graduated within the last year.
After students completing BSN admission criteria, students may be admitted to the college and granted an interview with the chairperson (or designee) of the BSN program.
Address: 512 East Stephens Street Midway, Kentucky 40347
Submit your review