- Marymount links students with health care organizations and also clinical sites all over the Washington, DC. Area, providing practical skills and also preparing them for the difficulties and rewards of this fulfilling profession.
- Marymount’s BS in Nursing (B.S.N.) training program readies nurses to be skilled, knowledgeable and also caring health professionals competent to practice in the modern health care environment. Their graduates provide patient-centered high-quality care making use of the nursing process and also evidence-based practice. Laboratory and also clinical experiences are provided to build competence in the care of patients all through the life cycle.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) certifies Marymount’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing. The BSN training program is also endorsed by the Commonwealth of Virginia Board of Nursing.
About the school
- Marymount University is a coeducational, 4-year Catholic institution that has its primary campus situated in Arlington, Virginia, United States. Marymount offers Master’s, Bachelor’s, and doctoral degrees in numerous disciplines and has roughly 3,600 students representing about 40 states as well as 70 countries.
- Marymount was established in the year 1950 by the Religious of the Sacred Heart of Mary as Marymount College, a 2-year women’s school.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,430
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Freshman applicants should have the following academic qualifications:
- Cumulative academic GPA of 2.6 or higher on 4.0 scale
- Standardized test scores are now optional for students applying to Marymount for the Fall 2016 semester or later. Students who have a high school GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale do not need to submit their SAT or ACT scores for admissions consideration.*
*If your high school GPA is lower than a 3.0 or if you are homeschooled, you are required to submit your standardized test scores. You may also submit your scores if you believe they will reflect positively on your admissions decision.
Freshman applicants must submit the following to be considered for admission:
- Completed freshman application
- $40 nonrefundable application fee
- Official high school transcripts
- One letter of recommendation
- An essay or untimed writing sample of at least 250 but no more than 500 words is optional. Applicants may submit it for consideration, but it is not required.
Address: 2807 N Glebe Rd, Arlington, VA 22207, USA
Phone: (703) 522-5600
Submit your review