- The Marquette University School of Nursing’s B.S. in nursing programs prepares men and women to be Providers of Care, Masters of Care and also Associates of the Nursing Profession. Upon graduation, pupils are well-prepared to provide safe top quality nursing care, care that includes populations of all ages in various health care settings.
- Graduates of the BSN training program continually pass the national licensing examination on their very first attempt at levels greater than the national average. The baccalaureate training program is an excellent foundation for continued graduate education in nursing.
- As first-year students, they are accepted directly into the School of Nursing. Once accepted, students are assured all required classes and also clinical hours. This allows students to complete their degree in 4-years provided that academic performance is satisfactory.
- The revolutionary and also rigorous nursing syllabus includes courses in basic, social and also nursing sciences, laboratory, clinical as well as simulated learning experiences and also classes that satisfy the requirements of Marquette’s core course of study.
About the school
- Marquette University is a non-public, coeducational Catholic institution situated in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, in the central United States Of America. Founded by the Society of Jesus as Marquette School on August 28, 1881, it was established by John Martin Henni, the very first Bishop of Milwaukee.
- The institution was named after 17th-century missionary and also explorer Father Jacques Marquette, with a purpose to provide an inexpensive Catholic education to the area’s growing German immigrant population.
- At first an all-male school, Marquette became the very first co-ed Catholic university in the world in the year 1909, when it started admitting its very first female students.
- The school includes eleven schools and colleges: Helen Way Klingler College of Arts and Sciences, J. William and Mary Diederich College of Communication, College of Education, College of Engineering, College of Health Sciences, College of Business Administration, sCollege of Nursing, College of Professional Studies, Graduate School, Marquette University School of Dentistry, as well as Marquette University Law School.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,305
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Application for admission to the Marquette University School of Nursing
- High school transcript(s)
- ACT or SAT scores from testing organization or on high school transcript; ACT or SAT test scores; scores must be official or listed on your high school transcript
- Counselor recommendation form (printed upon application completion)
- College transcripts, upper level IB scores and AP exam scores may be sent at a later time and are not needed for freshman application review
Address: 1250 W Wisconsin Ave, Milwaukee, WI 53233, USA
Phone: (414) 288-7302