- The nursing major (BSN) at Lynchburg College is an intensive and demanding training program, and also its reputation for producing highly prosperous graduates will be a real benefit when you search for employment.
- Your courses will be a blend of liberal arts and sciences that stick to The Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice from the American Association of Colleges of Nursing. A wide range of study options will prepare you to practice from a caring, holistic, and also scientific foundation.
- You will have chances to apply theory and research to function in various positions to assist different populations. Personal teacher/learner encounters and the utilization of technology provide individual and also group learning experiences. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Bachelor of Science degree in nursing at Lynchburg College.
About the school
- Lynchburg College is a non-public college in Lynchburg, Virginia, United States, affiliated by covenant with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) with roughly 2,500 undergraduate and also graduate students. The Princeton Review lists it as one of the 368 best colleges in the country.
- Lynchburg College was established in the year 1903 by Dr. Josephus Hopwood as Virginia Christian College, a selective, private, coeducational, and also residential institution, which is associated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ).
- Lynchburg College is situated in Lynchburg, Virginia, approximately 180 miles southwest of Washington D .C. , in the Central Virginia foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The first step for students who are currently in high school is applying to Lynchburg College and being accepted. Once accepted to LC, students will need to take the necessary pre-requisite courses as well as the TEAS test. Typically, students apply for the nursing program in the spring semester of their freshman year.
- Be an enrolled LC student
- Must be declared as a nursing major
- Minimum LC QPA of 3.00 at the end of the freshman year
- Complete the TEAS (At least 60% overall, with minimum sub-scores of 50% on the four categories: Reading, Math, Science and English)
- Complete the following courses with a minimum QPA of 3.00:
- CHEM 127 – Chemistry of Life
- MATH 222 – Introductory Statistics
- HP 270 – Nutrition
- PSYC 241 – Developmental Psychology
- No grades lower than a “C” will be accepted in any prerequisite course
Address: 1501 Lakeside Dr, Lynchburg, VA 24501, USA
Submit your review