- Longwood University’s BS in Nursing (BSN) Training program prepares nurses that are citizen leaders. Established in student community service and also citizen leadership your involvement with the community and also service -learning is woven all through the curriculum as well as your patient and professional advocacy experiences with local, state and also national nursing events and organizations. You will learn the skills and also build the professional attributes that continue to keep nursing as one of the most honorable
- When you graduate, you would have learned how to Combine knowledge from the arts, sciences and also humanities into professional nursing practice and Deliver top-quality, patient-centered, technologically skilled care to persons, families, groups and also communities in distinct settings,
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) certifies the Baccalaureate training program.
About the school
- Longwood University is a 4-year public liberal arts institution situated in Farmville, Virginia, United States of America.
- Established in the year 1839 as Farmville Female Seminary Association, it is the 3rd-oldest public university in Virginia as well as one of the 100th most ancient institutions of higher education in the USA. Longwood turned a university on July 1, 2002.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $38,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- The Application for Admission and personal statements.
- A non-refundable application fee of $50. Please make your check or money order payable to Longwood (credit card payment is accepted if applying online). Include on the check the full name of the applicant.
- A copy of your high school transcript(s).
- Transcript Request Form
- A copy of your transcript(s) from each college or university attended, including dual enrollment. Once you have submitted your initial transcripts (high school and/or college), you are required to update your admission file with grades from newly completed quarters or semesters.
- Scholastic Assessment Test (SAT) or American College Testing (ACT) scores. Scores may be sent directly to Longwood by the testing service.
Minimum High School Requirements include:
- English 4 years
- Math 3 years- Algebra I, Algebra II, & Geometry
- Science 3 years- Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physical Science, Earth Science (2 units must include a lab)
- History/ Social Studies 3 years
- Foreign Language 2 years of one foreign language (additional years of one language strongly recommended)
- Health/ Physical Education 2 years
- Fine or Practical Arts 1 year
Address: 201 High Street Farmville, VA 23909
Phone: (434) 395-2000
Submit your review