- The nursing training program at Liberty University was created to provide individuals with a broad educational background, which builds upon liberal arts, biblical knowledge, behavioral and social sciences as well as nursing.
- The School of Nursing offers a 4-year curriculum created to lead to a Bachelor of Science in Nursing Degree. The curriculum comprises of 134 credits of which 54 credits are general education requirements, 18 are natural science support courses, and also 62 credits are nursing courses. Nursing courses are distributed all over the 4-years with the concentration at the junior and also senior levels.
- For students who currently have a degree or have completed 2-years of college level work (55 transferable credits to the Nursing Degree Completion path), the School of Nursing offers a sophomore summer accelerated training program. Forty (40) students are selected for this summer training program, and the four sophomore level nursing classes are tutored as intensives over an eight-week time frame.
About the school
- Liberty University is a non-public, non-profit Christian university situated in Lynchburg, Virginia, United States of America. It is categorized as a doctoral research institution by the Carnegie Classification.
- In August 2016, Liberty’s enrollment was anticipated to include 15,000 residential students and also more than 100,000 online students, and is the biggest evangelical Christian university in the world.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $25,410
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Minimum, cumulative GPA of all completed college courses (including dual enrollment in high school) at the time of application to continue in the School of Nursing curriculum:
- GPA 3.0 for Fall or Spring semesters
- GPA 3.25 for Summer Accelerated or Spring Accelerated semesters
- Successful completion of the following courses (“C” or better is required):
- BIOL 213/BIOL 214
- BIOL 215/BIOL 216
- CHEM 107
- NURS 101 – Can be taken during your first semester in the School of Nursing for transfer students ONLY
- NURS 105 – Can be taken during your first semester in the School of Nursing for transfer students ONLY
- NURS 115
Summer Accelerated: Completion of more than 55 hours of general education courses and C or better in BIOL 203
- A completed Nursing application
- Two written recommendations
- Character recommendation (employer, family friend, youth pastor, etc.)
- Anatomy & Physiology (A&P) lab instructor (transfer students can use a recent science lab instructor if A&P lab instructor isn’t available).
- The recommendation forms will be submitted per application instructions electronically.
- An essay stating career goals (maximum 300 words).
- A personal interview with nursing faculty may be required.
- Successful completion of the TEAS test.
- Satisfactory behavior at Liberty University. Students who have been expelled, suspended or experienced sanctions are not eligible for initial entry until fully reinstated to good standing.
- The nursing faculty reserves the right to dismiss from the major, students who exhibit unprofessional, immoral or unethical behavior.
- International students, for whom English is a second language, may be required to have all general education courses completed prior to entering the nursing major.
- Students should have completed ENGL 101 and be registered for ENGL 102 at the time of application.
- Students transferring from another nursing program must supply a letter of “Good Standing”.
Address: 1971 University Blvd, Lynchburg, VA 24515, USA
Submit your review