- The BS in Nursing (BSN) training program at Lamar University in Texas is a four-year training program built to prepare professional nurses to fulfill community and state need to assume leadership in the delivery of health care. Students are accepted into the BSN Training program Fall and Spring Semesters.
- BS in Nursing graduates is ready to think logically by synthesizing information from numerous disciplines and also analyzing problems critically, commensurate with the level of education. The BS in Nursing graduate functions with a longitudinal focus across time from preadmission to discharge.
- Pupils pursuing a nursing degree fulfill course requirements via didactic courses, laboratory assignments, and also clinical experience in health care facilities under the guidance of University faculty. Students may be assigned to clinical experiences during the day, evening, night or perhaps weekend hours.
About the school
- Lamar University, typically known as Lamar or LU, is a public, coeducational doctoral/research university in Beaumont, Texas, USA. Lamar has been an associate of the Texas State University System since 1995.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to Lamar University
- Transcript evaluation of previous college work. Specified test scores may be required. Official transcript evaluation by Lamar University is required for all transfer credits. Transfer credits which are not equivalent to Lamar University credits must be evaluated on an individual basis by the appropriate department chair. Evidence of physical and emotional capability of completing the program of instruction and clinical practice. Health examinations are required. Forms are available with application forms.
- Completion of all prerequisite courses with a minimum grade of “C” and GPA of 2.5 GPA.
- Have a minimum grade of “C” with a GPA of 2.5 in the sciences (Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Microbiology and Chemistry).
- Have an overall academic grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 or higher.
- Completion of all core and prerequisites with the exception of Political Science courses prior to admission to the BSN program.
- Completion of NURS 2373 (formerly NURS 1373) Pathophysiology with a minimum grade of “C” from an accredited college or university no more than 3 years prior to admission.
- Completion of NURS 2213 Theories of Nursing with a minimum grade of “C” in at Lamar University no more than three years prior to admission.
- Three of the 4 prerequisite sciences must be completed prior to the semester in which the application is made.
- Have taken the HESI Admission test
Address: 4400 S M L King Jr Pkwy, Beaumont, TX 77705, USA
Submit your review