- The aim of the Kansas Wesleyan University baccalaureate program is to train students as professional nurse generalists by integrating the areas of behavioral, biopsychosocial, and spiritual development into the model of nursing education
- Graduates are trained to provide client-focused care, continue graduate studies and carry on lifelong learning.
About the school
- Kansas Wesleyan University is a private Christian-based college
- It was established in Salina, Kansas, United States in 1886.
- It is connected with the United Methodist Church.
- The University is endorsed by the National League for Nursing, North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), and Kansas State Department of Education.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,030
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- For admission consideration to the University, return the following to the Office of Admissions:
- Application for admission to Kansas Wesleyan University (www.kwu.edu);
- $20.00 application fee (for KWU application only);
- Official High School transcript;
- Official ACT or SAT scores (if fewer than 24 transferable college or University hours);
- Official final transcript from EVERY college or university ever attended.
Upon declaring Nursing as the major when accepted by the University, students will be assigned a Nursing advisor from the Department of Nursing Education, who will assist in the Nursing program admission process and in enrolling for courses.
Admission to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Degree Program
- For admission consideration to the BSN program , the following requirements must be met. (A fee is not required for the Department of Nursing Education application.)
- Acceptance to Kansas Wesleyan University;
- Cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.8 or better on a 4.0 scale, including all previous college work required for admission to nursing;
- Completion of ALL prerequisite courses for the nursing major prior to entry into the nursing program;
- Completion of an admission application to the Nursing program by March 1st for first tier selection for fall admission of the same year;
- Completion of an entrance exam called the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) with a composite score of 62% or higher. The scores are to be attached to the Nursing program application.
- Portfolio to be submitted at interview.
- Request the Application for Admission to Nursing Program from the Department of Nursing Education at the address shown above, or access our website at www.kwu.edu. The application packet includes:
- Functional abilities list
- TEAS registration form
- Instructions for the Portfolio
Kansas Wesleyan University
Address: 100 E. Claflin Ave. Salina, KS 67401
Submit your review