- As a graduate of the James Madison University Nursing Training program you will be prepared to practice as a registered nurse (RN) to provide nursing care to patients in various settings. The training program enjoys a strong positive reputation.
- James Madison University graduates perform well on the state licensure examination and have a wide choice of career options. The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education Fully certifies the training program and also Fully endorsed by the Virginia State Board of Nursing.
- Completion of the training program leads to a BS in Nursing Degree (BSN) and also qualifies the graduate to take the NCLEX for Registered Nurses.
About the school
- James Madison University (also referred to as JMU, Madison, or even James Madison) is a public, coeducational research institution situated in Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States of America. Established in 1908 as the State Normal and Industrial Institution for Women at Harrisonburg, the school was renamed Madison College in the year 1938 in honor of President James Madison and then James Madison University in the year 1977.
- The school is located in the Shenandoah Valley, with the campus quadrangle situated on South Main Street.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,950
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
In order to apply to the nursing program you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum JMU GPA of a 3.00
- Complete 36 credit hours prior to beginning the program
- Be an enrolled JMU student
- *Transfer students must complete 1 semester as a full-time student at JMU prior to applying the BSN program
- Must be declared as a nursing major
- No grades lower than a C- will be accepted in any prerequisite course
- Complete the following courses (View a Sample Program of Study for Freshman and Sophomore Year)
- Prior to applying:
- Chem 120 – Concepts of Chemistry
- MATH 220 – Statistics
- 2 Biology courses (choose from BIO 270 – physiology, BIO 280 – Microbiology, or Bio 290 – Anatomy)
- Before entering the program:
- NUTR 280 – Nutrition
- GPSYC 160 – Developmental Psychology
- 3rd Biology course (choose from BIO 270, BIO 280, or BIO 290)
Address: 800 S Main St, Harrisonburg, VA 22807, USA
Phone: (540) 568-6211
Submit your review