- The Pre-licensure training program at Iowa Wesleyan University is perfect for the pupil who has an interest in a nursing career. The program is designed to be completed in 4-years. The first year at Iowa Wesleyan is fundamental. Students prepare to develop a strong foundation of learning and also life skills to prepare them to enter the satisfying but thorough nursing training program.
- Pupils spend the subsequent 3-years developing on their foundational knowledge increasing their critical thinking skills to become a baccalaureate educated nurse. The IW nursing pupil must be ready to make use of clinical reasoning skills and also nursing judgment in their holistic approach when caring for persons, families, aggregates, and also communities.
- Pupils must welcome and also value individuals of varied backgrounds and also world views. Students are prepared to start a lifelong career which requires consistent learning, adaptation, making use of appropriate communication, and also interprofessional cooperation.
About the school
- Iowa Wesleyan University is a non-public four-year liberal arts college situated in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, USA. Established in 1842, it rated as Iowa’s first co-educational institution of higher learning and the most ancient of its type west of the Mississippi River.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,360
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
A first-year applicant must meet the following criteria to be considered for full admission to Iowa Wesleyan University:
- have a composite score of 19 or above on the ACT or a score of 900 or above on the SAT,
- have a cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
Applicants may be admitted on a conditional basis, subject to review of their performance after one semester at Iowa Wesleyan University, if they meet the following two requirements:
- have a composite score of 17-18 on the ACT or a score of 820-890 on the SAT.
- have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above (on a 4.0 scale).
Candidates for transfer admission (having 10 or more semester hours of college) must meet the following guidelines to be considered for admission to Iowa Wesleyan:
- a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or better from all previous college work,
- have a 2.0 cumulative grade point average in all major and general education courses; activity courses taken as electives, such as choir or weight-lifting, are not to be included in the g.p.a. calculation,
- be in good standing from the previous institution attended.
Also taken into consideration when determining if a transfer student is granted full admission, conditional admission or is required to go before the Admissions Advisory Committee for admission, is the student’s past performance in college core courses and major courses, as well as the overall difficulty of the courses previously taken.
Address: 601 N Main St, Mt Pleasant, IA 52641
Submit your review