- The College of Nursing and Allied Health at Houston Baptist University offers an intensive nursing curriculum that includes academic and also clinical performance requirements. The BSN degree readies pupils as generalists, capable of working in various settings. Furthermore, students are prepared for graduate studies in nursing. Endorsed by the Texas Board of Nurse Examiners and also certified by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- Requirements for graduation with a BS in Nursing degree are that the candidate fulfills all general requirements for graduation is the completion of at least 127- 128 semester hours. The objective of the School of Nursing and Allied Health is to educate nurses to create health care delivery systems to fulfill the needs of persons, families and also groups in society. Healthcare concentrates on health promotion and also disease prevention, and also community-based care.
- Courses have clinical experiences in all of the major hospitals in the Texas Medical Center and several community health locations. Also, most hospitals in the region offer opportunities for pupils to be selected for work-study programs. Roughly ten students per school are chosen, employed by the hospital and also work about 24 hours per month.
About the school
- Houston Baptist University is a non-public Baptist University established in 1960. It is situated in the Southwest Management District in Houston, Texas, United States, near the Southwest Freeway.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $28,850
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Been accepted to HBU through the general undergraduate admission process.
- Met the minimum 3.0 GPA cumulative, in Science, and HBU
- Transcripts that reflect no more than two grades of “D” or “F” in the required science courses, or more than one grade of “D” or “F” in a nursing course (if more, not eligible for admission)
- Attended the Nursing Information Session.
- Completed the HESI entrance exam based on two (2) attempts only to achieve the 80% score on each sub-section (Reading Comprehension, Grammar, Math), and the Anatomy & Physiology and critical thinking sub-sections (no minimum score required).
- Completed all nursing prerequisite courses (Prerequisites for scientific and behavioral science foundations for the study of nursing: Chemistry, Microbiology, Anatomy & Physiology, Psychology, Human Growth and Development, and Statistics) with grade of “C” or better.
- Completed all HBU Proficiencies: Writing, Math, Reading, and Computer.
- Been selected for program entry after applying to the nursing program.
- A clear criminal background check and no evidence of drug or alcohol use/abuse.
Address: 7502 Fondren Rd, Houston, TX 77074, USA
Phone: (281) 649-3000
Submit your review