- FSU combines hands-on clinical experiences and innovative technology with traditional classroom learning.
- Through your hands-on clinical experiences, the student will learn the realities of working with patients, their families, and other medical professionals. The combination of clinical practice with theoretical knowledge is an important aspect of your nursing education at Florida Southern University.
- Graduates of the BSN program are prepared to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination (NCLEX) for Registered Nurses.
- The Joe K. and Alberta Blanton Nursing Building is a state-of-the-art facility, which houses a technologically advanced nursing skills lab, wireless classrooms, and a treatment simulation laboratory.
About the school
- Florida Southern College (FSC) is a private college located in Lakeland, Florida, United States.
- The college has 50 undergraduate majors and pre-professional programs, graduate programs in business, nursing, and education as well as post-graduate programs in education and nursing.
- Florida Southern is the oldest four-year private college in the state of Florida. The College was first established in 1883, as South Florida Institute in Orlando, Florida and moved to nearby Leesburg in 1885.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $23,520
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The BSN Program is a selective direct-admit program and the minimum criteria must be met to be considered for admission to the program.
Students who apply to Florida Southern College and indicate an interest in pursuing a nursing degree, and who meet the requirements outlined below, will be automatically considered for admission to the School of Nursing once they have been admitted to the College.
Meeting the minimum requirements, however, does not guarantee admittance into the program.
- Cumulative high school GPA of 3.25 or higher.
- Minimum ACT score of 22 with a minimum of 22 score in Math OR Minimum 1080 combined ERW + M score on the post-March 2016 SAT or a 1000 combined CR + M score on the pre-March 2016 SAT.
- If you are transferring any college credit,you must have obtained a grade of “C” or higher in any of the Nursing Program requisite courses: Biology, Anatomy and Physiology I and II, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Statistics.
Address: 111 Lake Hollingsworth Dr, Lakeland, FL 33801
Submit your review