- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing Program at FHSU is accredited by the Committee on Collegiate Nursing Education and the Kansas State Board of Nursing.
- FHSU has an amazing team of faculty who stay up-to-date with the knowledge and skills to best prepare students for success.
- Students get personalized support and advice as they get ready for admission and work throughout the program.
- The university is well equipped with the latest equipment to enable students prepare adequately to take on the challenges of the nursing profession.
- The Computer Laboratory at the Department of Nursing has different facilitated materials for independent study by students.
- The simulation center at FHSU has a simulated hospital setting comprising of computerized manikins, exam rooms, computerized charting, a nurses’ station, surgical scrub area and patient units.
About the school
- Fort Hays State University (abbreviated FHSU) is situated in Hays, Kansas, United States.
- It is a public, co-educational university with an enrollment of roughly 11,200 students made up from 4,000 undergraduate, 1,200 graduate, and 6,000 online students.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $ 14,426.40
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students are admitted to the Department of Nursing undergraduate nursing program on a semi-annual basis. Admission is competitive. Application materials must be completed and returned to the Department of Nursing (DON) office by October 1 for admission in the spring semester and March 1 for admission in the fall semester. All students transferring courses from other colleges/universities must have an official transcript from each institution sent to the Department of Nursing before being considered for admission. If you have successfully completed all pre-requisite courses (or will this semester), you are ready to apply to the nursing program.
The Department of Nursing accepts and reviews applications and conducts interviews for the BSN program twice a year, October 1 and March 1. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have submitted all forms and documentation are by the due date.
Prior to admission into the undergraduate nursing program, you must meet the following minimum requirements:
- Complete and submit the Department of Nursing Undergraduate Nursing application form including the Admission Essay.
- Earn a cumulative grade point average of at least 2.75 on a 4.00 scale.
- Earn a grade of “C” or above in all required prerequisite courses;
- Earn a passing score of 69 on the Kaplan Nurse Admission Test (KNAT) (limit of two attempts).
- Obtain a clear clinical background check per department criteria.
- Obtain a clear drug screening
- Hold a current American Heart Association for Healthcare Providers CPR certificate.
Fort Hays State University
Address: 600 Park Street Hays, KS 67601-4099
Phone: 785-628-FHSU (3478)
Submit your review