Faulkner State Community College was established in 1965 and is a two-year public college situated in Baldwin County, Alabama. Faulkner State has three campuses. Bay Minette, Alabama where the administrative campus is located. It also has two additional campuses located in Fairhope, Alabama and Gulf Shores, Alabama.
The Nursing Department at FSCC’s mission is the development of “knowledgeable, proficient, caring, and culturally sensitive licensed nurses.” To accomplish this mission, FSCC has four nursing programs which include an Associate in Science Pre-Nursing degree, an Associate in Applied Science Nursing Mobility degree designed for students touching from LPN to RN certification, an Associate in Applied Science Nursing RN degree, and the Nursing certificate program for students advancing from Practical Nurse to LPN. All FSCC nursing programs are full-time with lectures holding during the day. The Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools has accredited FSCC. The nursing programs are accredited by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
Total program cost is approximately USD $17,400
MINIMUM ADMISSION STANDARDS
- Unconditional admission to the College (Application must be updated if the student did not attend FSCC the previous semester).
- Original transcripts from all colleges attended must be in the Registrar’s Office by the nursing application deadline. Unlike routine college admission, the nursing department does not allow one semester to receive transcripts. All transcripts must be in the FSCC registrar prior to the nursing application deadline. Transcripts must be sent by the institution’s registrar directly to FSCC’s registrar.
- A completed nursing application must be turned into the Nursing Department by appropriate deadline.
- A minimum of 18 ACT composite score (writing component not required), National or Residual, is required, and ACT results must be attached to this application. There is no expiration date on ACT for this nursing application. If the National ACT test was taken, print off results from the ACT.org website. If ACT was taken in high school, an original high school transcript showing ACT results may be attached. If ACT residual was taken at Faulkner State, attach a copy of the score that was sent to student’s email account. These are the only forms of documentation accepted. The Faulkner State Admissions Department and Registrar will not provide ACT scores to the nursing department.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA is required on a 4.0 scale based on the nursing required academic core courses. The core college courses are English Composition I, Intermediate College Algebra, Anatomy & Physiology I, Anatomy & Physiology II, Microbiology, Human Growth & Development, Speech, and a Humanities elective (Art or Music Appreciation, Philosophy, Theater, Religion, or a foreign language).
- A minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA is required for high school students without prior college work (GED acceptable).
- Eligibility is required for English Composition I, Intermediate College Algebra, and Anatomy & Physiology I if not previously taken.
- Good standing with the College
- Meet the Essential Functions for nursing
ACT composite score (36 points maximum possible)
1900 Highway 31 South
Bay Minette, Alabama 36507