- The Eastern Mennonite University traditional, 4-year Bachelor of Science in nursing training program is meant for students aiming to become a generalist Registered Nurse, prepare for professional nursing positions in various settings, and for further education in graduate programs in nursing. There you will find a nursing education established in the sacred covenant model for nursing.
- Any student accepted to Eastern Mennonite University may declare a nursing However, all pupils must complete an application to start the clinical level of the nursing training program which normally begins during the junior year. Students may begin the clinical nursing training program in either the Fall or perhaps the Spring semester.
About the school
- The Eastern Mennonite University (EMU) is a non-public liberal arts university in the Shenandoah Valley Virginia, United States associated with one of the historic peace churches, the Mennonite Church USA. Its 97-acre primary campus is situated near Harrisonburg, Virginia.
- The institution operates a satellite campus in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, which mainly serves working adults.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,280
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Students are eligible to apply to the clinical level of the nursing program when they have met the following admission requirements:
cumulative GPA of 2.8 at time of application
Students applying to the clinical level of the program must have 60 semester hours of college credit completed by the time they begin the clinical level.
- CHEM 104 – Chemistry for the Life Sciences (exceptions based on EMU placement exam, honors chemistry, or two years of high school chemistry)
- BIOL 112, 122 – Human Anatomy and Physiology I, II
- BIOCH 152 – Human Biochemistry
- BIOL 202 – Microbiology
- PSYC 202 – Developmental Psychology
- SOC 101 – Introduction to Sociology (or other approved sociology course)
- BIOL 242 – Nutrition Fundamentals
All prerequisite courses must be passed with a C or higher. Students cannot repeat more than two of the courses in which a C or above is required. A single course may not be repeated more than once.
Prerequisite courses may still be in progress at the time of application, but must be completed prior to beginning the clinical level of the program.
If English is not your first language, we require a TOEFL score of 550 (does not include speaking section) on the written Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR 79 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) which includes a speaking section.
Address: 1200 Park Rd, Harrisonburg, VA 22802, USA
Submit your review