- As a college student in pursuit of an undergraduate degree in Nursing, you will have the chance to achieve entry-level knowledge and also experience in various health care settings. You and your fellow nursing majors will get ready for service in a swiftly changing health care environment. Along the way, you’ll acquire valuable experience in primary, secondary and also tertiary care settings dealing with clients across the life-span.
- Upon your admittance into the Henry Predolin School of Nursing, you will embark upon 5-semesters of nursing courses tutored by faculty with exceptional expertise in their field. The School of Nursing enjoys partnerships with over 50 clinical organizations to provide a wide-range of clinical experiences for pupils. These partnerships include the four hospitals in the City of Madison. CCNE certifies the training program.
About the school
- Edgewood College is a non-public, coeducational liberal arts school in the Dominican Catholic tradition in Madison, WI, in the Diocese of Madison, United States. Facing the shores of Lake Wingra, it occupies 55-acres on Madison’s close to the wSest
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $27,990
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Candidates for admission to the Traditional Undergraduate BS in Nursing Program are required to submit applications through the Nursing Centralized Application Service (NursingCAS) at http://nursingcas.org/. Students must submit all official college transcripts to NursingCAS directly.
Eligibility for admission to the Traditional Undergraduate BS in Nursing program requires a cumulative undergraduate GPA of at least 2.75, and a minimum 2.75 GPA in all required science and math courses.* All required math/science courses must have been completed within five years of admission. A grade of C or better is necessary in each required science and math course.
In addition, applicants must have either completed or be currently enrolled in 45 or more college credits in the semester they apply to the School of Nursing.
These 45 credits must include the courses (or their transfer equivalent) listed below:
- ENG 110 College Writing
- MATH 121 Statistics
- Two semesters of college level foreign language (or two years of high school foreign language with a C average)
- PSY 101 General Psychology
These 45 credits must also include four of the following science courses (or their transfer equivalent) listed below [the fifth science course may be completed in the first semester of the program]:
- CHEM 110 Introductory Chemistry (this course must be completed at time of application)
- BIO 155 Human Cell Biology and Genetics (this course must be completed or in progress at time of application)
- BIO 210 Anatomy & Physiology I
- BIO 211 Anatomy & Physiology II
- BIO 312 Microbiology, including lab component
Students possessing a baccalaureate degree in another field from an accredited institution are considered to have fulfilled all of Edgewood College’s General Education requirements, except foreign language, religious studies, and COR courses. Post-baccalaureate students, however, must still meet all School of Nursing pre-requirements for supporting courses in the major.
Address: 1000 Edgewood College Dr, Madison, WI 53711, USA
Phone: (608) 663-4861
Submit your review