- The East Central University School of Nursing is acknowledged for its excellence in nursing education. ECU graduates are intensely recruited by health care facilities all over the central plains and the southwest.
- The Objective of the ECU School of Nursing is to offer a top-quality Baccalaureate nursing training program that provides south central and also southeast Oklahoma with easy professionally delivered nursing care. The program prepares graduates to practice professional nursing in various settings in rural, as well as urban, Oklahoma.
- The School of Nursing offers the Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing degree to pre-licensure pupils on campus in Ada and also at their campus in Durant. Pre-licensure students complete an 8-semester training program leading to the degree of Bachelor of Science with a major in nursing.
- Graduates who satisfy the Oklahoma state criteria for licensure, including a clear criminal background check, meet the requirements to apply to sit for the National Council Licensing Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX-RN) to become a Registered Nurse.
- The Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing training program has full accreditation by the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and is fully certified by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
About the school
- The East Central University (ECU) is a public, co-educational teaching institution situated in Ada, in the south central region of the Oklahoma, USA.
- East Central is one of the six universities that are a part of Oklahoma’s Regional Universities
- Established as East Central State Normal School in 1909, its current name was adopted in the year 1985.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $25,240
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Fill out the online application for admission and pay the $20 application fee by debit or credit card
- Submit the official ACT/SAT report
- Must score a 20 on the ACT or 1020 on the SAT OR
- Must rank in the top 50% of graduating class with a 2.7 gpa OR
- Must have a 2.7 gpa in 15 units of core curricular courses AND
- Must have the following nine units of core curricular requirements for college entrance:
- 4 years English (Grammar, Composition, Literature)
- 3 years Mathematics (Algebra I, Algebra II, Geometry, Trigonometry, Math Analysis, Calculus, Advanced Placement Statistics (added 2004) or Applied Mathematics WITH Algebra II (Fall 1992 to 2002)
- 3 years Lab Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Botany, Zoology or any lab science certified by the school district; General Science with or without a lab may not be used to meet this requirement. Applied Biology/Chemistry only before Fall 2004)
- Student will also be checked for completion of the following six core curricular courses:
(Student will be required to complete an additional collegiate course in the relative subject area to make up the high school deficiency.)
- 3 years History and Citizenship (including one year of American History, 1/2 year of Government and 1 1/2 years of additional units from History, Economics, Geography, Government, or Non-Western Culture)
- 2 additional units from subject areas listed above, or selected from Computer Science or Foreign Language
Address: 1100 E 14th St, Ada, OK 74820, USA
Submit your review