- The BSN program at Eastern Kentucky University has exceptional faculty with expertise and solid clinical backgrounds in different nursing specialties.
- Graduates of the BSN program can deliver patient care at the bedside or step into administrative positions in nursing.
- This program provides the base for graduate study in nursing leading to advanced nursing roles.
- Graduates of the pre-licensure program have excellent results in passing the NCLEX-RN exam for licensure.
- Employers acknowledge the strong reputation of the program and hunt for EKU graduates.
About the school
- Eastern Kentucky University, also known as EKU or Eastern is located in Richmond, Kentucky.
- It is a comprehensive regional institution founded in 1874 as Central University.
- EKU is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools – Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC).
- It has campuses in Corbin, Somerset, Hazard, Danville, Manchester, and Lancaster, and offers more than 40 online undergraduate and graduate degree options.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $35,760
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
What Are the Requirements to be Admitted to this Program?
- Pre RN (Traditional BSN) option:
Students must complete the first three semesters of the curriculum progression plan to apply for competitive admission to the clinical nursing sequence, which begins in the fourth semester of the progression plan. Prerequisite courses include anatomy, physiology, microbiology, nutrition, chemistry, psychology, three pre-nursing courses and some general education requirements. Application for the clinical nursing sequence is made while enrolled in the three required pre-nursing courses; enrollment in those courses is by priority and by chair approval. Minimum GPA is 2.5 but admission is competitive and based on a point scale, which includes GPA plus grades on designated prerequisite courses.
- Second Degree Option:
Application deadline is March 1 for fall admission. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in another field with a minimum of a 2.5 GPA and must have completed coursework in anatomy, physiology, microbiology, nutrition, and statistics. Admission is competitive and based on review of academic history, which includes the grades in the prerequisite courses and the GPA, the references and the essay.
- RN-BSN Option:
Application deadline for summer enrollment is May 1 and for fall enrollment is August 1. Students must have a current RN license in Kentucky with no KBN imposed restrictions on practice, voluntary or otherwise; and must have completed an associate degree in nursing (or diploma program) with a 2.5 GPA.
Eastern Kentucky University
Address: 521 Lancaster Ave Richmond, KY 40475
Phone: (859) 622-1000
Submit your review