- Dillard University School of Nursing has a strong legacy of training nurses to connect with health care clients in present and future health care settings.
- The goal of the nursing program is to develop students who are technologically astute, broadly educated, and culturally sensitive into skillful and sensible practitioners.
- The aim of the School of Nursing is founded on the belief that the profession of nursing is a primary force in the development of the human condition.
- The faculty accepts the duty to create and sustain an atmosphere favorable to learning and growth through the attainment of academic excellence within the structure of a liberal arts education.
About the school
- Dillard University is situated in New Orleans, Louisiana, United States.
- It is a private, historically black liberal arts college founded in 1930 and affiliated with the United Church of Christ and the United Methodist Church.
- The campus is close to Gentilly Boulevard and the London Avenue Canal.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,252
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
Admission to the Nursing Major: RN to BSN Concentration – Effective Summer Term 2015
The program of study for the RN-BSN student requires 126 semester hours of credit. These semester hours include 60 hours of nursing courses. Cognate and core courses are taken concurrently with nursing courses. A nursing advisor assists students to develop a plan of study based on program requirements. Course schedules must have advisor approval.
Requirements for the RN-BSN applicant seeking admission to the nursing program are:
- Graduation from an approved RN nursing program with a current, unencumbered RN license to practice nursing in Louisiana.
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges, schools, and universities attended. Course equivalence will be determined by the Registrar and School of Nursing.
- Admission to Dillard University.
- A minimum grade point average of 2.0 or above on a 4 point scale.
- Achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4 point scale in science courses.
- Current professional liability and malpractice insurance.
- A statement of satisfactory health status as validated by a completed School of Nursing health form with a current complete record of immunizations and titers.
- The health form is to be completed by a physician or acceptable designate.
- Presented a current cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) card for a Healthcare Provider (Basic Life Support) from the American Heart Association. CPR should be current from August 1st through June 1st .
RN-BSN students may transfer up to 38 hours toward the general core; 57 hours
A completed application consists of:
1) Complete a Dillard University application
2) Copy of ALL official transcripts for ALL institutions attended
3) Completed and signed Dillard University-School of Nursing application form RN BSN Application 2015
Address: 2601 Gentilly Boulevard, New Orleans Louisiana 70122
Phone: (504) 283 – 8822