- The Bachelor of Science in nursing training program at CUW provides a broad foundation in liberal arts education, and also in the art and science of the nursing field, guided by Christian principles. It also prepares the graduate with the professional leadership knowledge, expertise, caring and also skills needed to function in various healthcare and community settings. Concordia’s Traditional Undergraduate Nursing Training program provides a foundation in the art and also the science of nursing as well as the liberal arts.
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing Training program.
- Students in the nursing major complete Concordia University Wisconsin core curriculum, as well as coursework in fundamental nursing skills, pathophysiology, pharmacology, psychological wellness, pediatrics, obstetrics, medical-surgical nursing, geriatrics, community, leadership and management, and also cultural diversity.
- The Nursing school is committed to providing an intensive Christ-centered education that develops and also encourages highly skilled professionals who are ready to serve by promoting health and healing with quality, integrity and also compassion.
About the school
- Concordia University Wisconsin is a non-public liberal arts college situated in Mequon, Wisconsin, United States. The institution is an affiliate of the 10-member Concordia University System managed by the Lutheran Church–Missouri Synod.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,330
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
1) Academic Coursework in High School
A minimum of 16 units of high school (secondary school) work is required, of which at least 11 should be in basic liberal arts areas. Units should be distributed as follows:
- English: At least three units, but four are strongly recommended.
- Mathematics: Two units of college-prep math, preferably one each in Algebra and Geometry.
- Natural Science: Two units, preferably one each in Biology, Physics or Chemistry.
- Social Studies: Two units, preferably one each in world history and American history.
- Liberal Arts: Two units of the same foreign language or additional units in one or more of the other listed subjects or in fine arts.
- Other Electives: Five units from any area of academic study, but ideally from the areas listed above. German or Latin is recommended for pre-seminary students.
2) Grade Point Average
A minimum GPA of a 2.5/4.0 (C average) or higher
3) Standardized Test Scores
ACT composite of 18 or above
SAT equivalent of 940 or higher for combined math and evidence-based reading and writing (for tests taken after March 2016).
They admit qualified students of any race, color or national or ethnic origin to all programs and activities and are nondiscriminatory in the administration of their policies and programs.
To be considered for admission, a student must be a graduate of a regionally accredited high school or one approved by its state university. Requests for exceptions to this requirement may be submitted by students who are otherwise qualified.
Address: 12800 N Lake Shore Dr, Mequon, WI 53097, USA
Submit your review