- Three distinct ways are available to obtain a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Concordia. Applicants who are not Registered Nurses may be accepted to the traditional path or the Accelerated BSN path.
- The traditional path is a 4-year training program of study with the two unique paths. The Accelerated BSN path is for students with past college experience in a non-nursing discipline. Applicants who are Registered Nurses (RN) in Texas or perhaps a Compact State may be accepted to the non-traditional path and be granted credit for prior nursing education. The non-traditional path is offered
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the baccalaureate training program in nursing at Concordia University Texas. Concordia’s School of Nursing is endorsed by the Texas Board of Nursing. Graduates meet the requirements to apply for licensure as a Registered Nurse in TX after passing the NCLEX-RN exam.
About the school
- Concordia University Texas is a non-public, coeducational school of liberal arts and sciences situated in northwest Austin, Texas, United States. The institution offers undergraduate, graduate and web-based degrees as well as an Adult Degree Training program for part-time and returning students.
- Concordia also has remote campuses situated in the central Austin, Dallas/Fort Worth, and also San Antonio regions. It was established in 1926.
Total estimated cost of attendance a year is approximate $28,700
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
New students interested in completing the traditional Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree (pre-licensure program) will first enter the Pre-Nursing Program where they will complete the Nursing prerequisite courses. All Pre-Nursing students must be advised by School of Natural and Applied Sciences faculty advisor to be sure that they enroll in the correct Pre-Nursing courses. Students will apply to School of Nursing once they are within their last semester of Pre-Nursing courses once all Pre-Nursing coursework is complete.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 in the prerequisite natural science courses
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Personal essay describing why the student seeks a Bachelor of Science in Nursing at Concordia
- Three recommendation forms from the following professional sources, i.e. faculty member, supervisor etc. These are integrated into supplemental nursing form so there is no need to send any sort of recommendation separately.
- Test of Essential Academic Skills (ATI TEAS) If you took the ATI TEAS twice submit both profiles. The ATI TEAS must have been taken within one year of the start date of the program. An applicant must achieve at least 67 on the ATI TEAS to register for nursing courses.
Address: 11400 Concordia University Dr.Austin, Texas 78726
Submit your review