The nursing ADN program in Carrington College is rigorous and requires about three days per week of on-campus instruction in addition to 180 hours of clinical experience. Graduates of the Nursing Bridge program earn an Associate of Science degree and can take the National Council Licensure Examination for Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN).
Persons pursuing this career field may be subjected to screenings such as drug/alcohol testing and criminal background checks prior to externship, to attain occupational licensure/certification or employment and throughout their careers.
Carrington ADN program is offered to New Students at Albuquerque, Phoenix East, Mesquite and Reno
About the school
Carrington College is a system of for-profit private colleges. Founded in 1967, the college is situated out of Sacramento, California and has 18 locations throughout the Western United States.
Total program cost is USD $9,200
Following are the minimum requirements for ADN-RN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Pass the entrance exam with a minimum score of 75 on all sections (math, reading, vocabulary) of the HESI A2 or the Kaplan entrance exam at the 35th percentile at least. A non-refundable fee of $40 dollars is charged for each allowable attempt. Scores attained may also be used for admission ranking.
- Applicants in Reno are required to submit to drug screening and background checks, the results of which could affect enrollment in the program.
- Attend Registered Nursing information session.
- Provide negative TB test results. If test results are more than 12-months old, they must be from a two-step test; tuberculosis clearance (PPD) or the alternate QuantiFERON-TB Gold (QFT-G) blood test. Applicants with a history of a positive TB test must also have a chest X-ray.
- Provide proof of childhood MMR immunization x2 or titer. Students must receive the 2nd injection at least four weeks after the first dose per CDC guidelines.
- Provide proof of the first dose hepatitis B vaccination or written refusal. Students must receive the 2nd injection at least one month after the first dose and the 3rd injection six months after the first dose per CDC guidelines.
- Provide proof of varicella immunization (in the absence of a history of having had chickenpox), or varicella titer proving immunity.
- Provide proof of Tetanus, Diphtheria, and Pertussis (TDAP) titer proving immunity or proof of vaccination within the previous 10 years.
- Provide proof of yearly influenza vaccination, applicable during flu season.
- Have a minimum cumulative grade point average (CGPA) of 3.0
- Have a minimum 3.0 GPA in the following prerequisite courses:
- General Psychology
- English Writing and Composition
- Physiology with
- Psychology (Developmental/Lifespan)
- Speech (Interpersonal Communication)
- General Microbiology
- Intermediate Algebra or higher
- Human Anatomy
Address: 5580 Kietzke Ln. Reno, NV 89511
Submit your review