- BSMCON offers students a comprehensive, student-focused education in which nursing lectures, which start within the first year, are taken together with general education courses. Their clinical groups are small making sure students receive personalized attention and also time to master new skills. Pupils serve alongside the experienced nurses and also physicians in their award-winning Bon Secours hospitals.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program is offered in various delivery methods to include traditional, blended, and also distance education. General (GE) education courses are available in both the traditional and also distance education The majority of the pre-licensure training program path courses are offered in the traditional, on-ground format; nevertheless, there are select courses that are offered in a combined format or even through distance education.
- Entrance to the College is limited to the residents of particular states, College only accepts students from (1) states in which the School is registered/licensed, and also (2) states for which no registration/licensure is needed.
About the school
- The Bon Secours Memorial College of Nursing (abbr. BSMCON) is a non-public nursing school in Richmond, Virginia, the United States associated with the Marriottsville, Maryland-based Catholic, not-for-profit Bon Secours Health System.
- BSMCON was established in 1961 as the Richmond Memorial School of Nursing. In the year 1998, Richmond Memorial Hospital signed up with the Bon Secours Health System, and the institution was rebranded as the Bon Secours Memorial School of It adopted its present name in 2010.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $25,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
A minimum college GPA of 2.5 is required. The GPA will be calculated from all college courses taken, not only those that pertain to our program.
Applicants who do not have a bachelor’s degree or will not complete a bachelor’s degree prior to entry, the following general education courses are required. The program consists of 56 general education credits and 32 credits must be completed by the application deadline.
These courses include:
- English I and II (6 credits)
- Microbiology (3-4 credits) or Biology I and II (6-8 credits)
- Developmental Psychology (3 credits)
- Introduction to Psychology (3 credits)
In addition to the above required courses (15-20 credits), students must complete additional coursework to equal 32 credits from the courses listed below prior to entry. This can include courses already completed that fit into a cluster (Medical Terminology, History, Religion, Public Speaking, Literature, etc.).
The steps below must be completed prior to the deadline:
- Online Application
One month prior to the deadline will help you complete the requirements on time.
- Standardized Exam
The College of Nursing requires submission of SAT, ACT or TEAS V scores, however no test scores are required if the applicant already has received a bachelor’s degree or master’s degree, or plans to complete a degree prior to admission start date.
- Official Transcripts
From all schools attended including high school and any courses you are currently taking—even though the grades are not yet available.
- Admissions Essay
Must submit essay with online application.
- References (2)
It is your responsibility to obtain both references.
Address: 8550 Magellan Pkwy, Richmond, VA 23227, USA
Submit your review