- A BSN at Briar Cliff University is considered the most desired credential in health care at present. And at Briar Cliff, they have been preparing a few of the region’s most dedicated nurses for generations.
- In the training program, you’ll obtain 800 hours of clinical practice in hospitals, community health agencies, long-term care amenities as well as other community-based
- The Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education certifies the Bachelor of Science in Nursing training program at Briar Cliff University.
About the school
- Briar Cliff University is a non-public, Franciscan, Roman Catholic, liberal arts university situated in Sioux City, Iowa, United States of America.
- In March, of the year 1929, Major Superior of the Sisters of Saint Francis of Dubuque, Mother Mary Dominica Wieneke along with the Most Rev. Edmond Heelan, Bishop of the Sioux City Diocese, co-founded Briar Cliff College after meeting with associates of the Sioux City community, who dedicated to raising $25,000 to support the foundation of a Catholic women’s college in Sioux City. Mother Dominica cautiously selected the 12 foundresses of the College. They were directed by Sister Mary Servatius Greenen, who was named the very first president.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,560
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Graduation from an accredited high school (or GED equivalency).
- A cumulative high school GPA of 2.5.
- Sixteen units of high school work, including acceptable course work in English, Natural Sciences, Foreign Language, Social Studies, and Mathematics. Exceptions may be made in certain cases in consultation with the Admissions Advisory Committee.
- A score of 19 on the American College Test (ACT) or the equivalent score on their Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT). The writing portion on the ACT is optional. These requirements are waived if the student has been out of high school for five years or more.
- Upon admission, all students are required to sign and adhere to the Professional Conduct Standard.
Address: 3303 Rebecca St, Sioux City, IA 51104
Submit your review