Bishop State Community College is an open-admission, state-supported, urban community college sited in Mobile, Alabama. The College consists of four campuses, committed to rendering service to the inhabitants of Washington and Mobile provinces in the Southwestern Alabama. This College is part of the Alabama Community College System, the state-supported network of two-year community, junior, and technical colleges that serve the residents of Alabama.
The Associate in Applied Science Degree is awarded to the students who complete the Career Mobility or Generic Program. The syllabus for the Career Mobility Program consists of three (3) semesters for graduates from the ACS PN Program, which includes numerous universal education courses. The curriculum for the Generic Program consists of five (5) semesters of nursing coursework which includes several general education courses after completion of rudiments. Upon successful completion of these programs, graduates may be qualified to sit for the National Council Licensure Examination-Registered Nurse (NCLEX-RN)
Students are required to refer to the Nursing Student Handbook to get exact guiding principle governing the Nursing Program as there could be policies and procedures that are diverse from or take preference over universal policies listed for other programs.
The students for the nursing program shall abide by moral, legal, and behavioral standards and laws conventional to the Nursing Department, the College and the Alabama Board of Nursing. Failure to comply with these set of standards and laws may result in dismissal from the program and/or denial to take the National Council Licensure Examination given by the Alabama Board of Nursing.
Tuition and fees: $2,700.00
Total Cost In-District Off-Campus: $10,024.00
Total Cost In-State Off-Campus: $10,024.00
Total Cost Out-State Off-Campus: $12,154.00
Total Cost In-District With-Family: $5,604.00
Total Cost In-State With-Family: $5,604.00
Total Cost Out-State With-Family: $7,734.00
Out-of-state tuition is 2.0 times the in-state tuition rate
Admission to the practical nursing or registered nursing (associate degree) program is competitive and restricted to those that meet all of the requirements set forth by the Division of Health Related Professions and Department of Postsecondary Education. Though, meeting all requirements does not guarantee admission.
Bishop State Community College Nursing Program Admission Requirements
- Unqualified admission to the college. The application must be updated if the student did not attend BSCC the previous semester.
- Original transcripts from ALL colleges attended must be in and evaluated by the Admission Office (Central Campus, Room 106) by the nursing application deadline.
- Receipt of completed application received in the Nursing Office by the stated deadline.
- A minimum of 18 ACT composite score National or Residual. (Writing component not required). ACT results MUST be attached to this application. There is NO expiration date for ACT score.
- A minimum of 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale for nursing required academic core courses (ENG101, MTH100 or higher, BIO201, BIO202).
- A minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA required for high school students without prior college courses (GED will be acceptable).
- Eligibility for OR completion of ENG 101, BIO 201 and MTH100 (Intermediate Algebra) (or higher) with a grade of “C” or higher.
- Good standing with college (BSCC). Letter of good standing from any previously attended nursing program’s Dean or Director (on letterhead, signed, cleared of any legal, moral, or ethical issues).
- Meeting the essential functions or technical standards required for nursing.
- Name on application is current legal name and matches copy of photo ID and name in BSCC’s system.
- Current picture ID (driver’s license or student ID only) attached to application.
- If applying for the Career Mobility Program (LPN to RN), you must present evidence of a current, unencumbered Alabama LPN license.
Bishop State Community College Address/contact:
In state long distance: 800-523-7000
351 North Broad Street
Mobile, Alabama 36603
1365 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Avenue
Mobile, Alabama 36603
925 Dauphin Island Parkway
Mobile, Alabama 36605
414 Stanton Street
Mobile, Alabama 36617