- The BSN training program provides pupils with the knowledge, competencies, and also expertise to function efficiently in all areas of nursing practice via quality instruction and also clinical experiences. The training program provides pupils with the chance to apply academic knowledge in various practical and also simulated clinical functions, and lays the basis for continuing one’s professional training at the graduate level.
- Upon completion of the BSN training program, graduates meet the criteria to take the National Council Licensure Exam for Registered Nurses (NCLEX) available through the National Council of State Boards of Nursing.
- The BSN training program is an upper-division offering that requires Pre-nursing majors to complete the core syllabus courses before matriculation into the BSN Major. Each and every August, new junior college students enter the four-semester course of program study.
- Individuals may apply for admittance to the major campus in Augusta or perhaps the satellite campus in Athens. The Augusta University, primary Augusta campus, offers the whole four years (124 credit) BSN training program of study. The major campus also offers the RN-BSN completion training program and any other graduate nursing programs.
About the school
- Augusta University is a public and academic health center with its primary campus situated in Augusta, Georgia, United States Of America. It is among the four public research institutions in the University System of Georgia (USG). Augusta University consists of 9 colleges and schools.
- In addition to 9 colleges and schools, the institution enterprise consists of the 478-bed Augusta University Medical Center, residence halls, the Children’s Hospital of Georgia, a wellness center, outpatient clinics, classrooms, laboratories, a student center and a medical education library.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximate $21,000
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Completed Online Nursing CAS Application
- Official Transcripts: Official transcripts are required from all universities and colleges ever attended. Only in the case of transcripts from international colleges/universities will an official course-by-course transcript evaluation be accepted in lieu of an official transcript. Official transcripts should be sent to Nursing CAS. To remain official, all transcripts must remain in the original, unopened, sealed and stamped/signed envelope from the Registrar’s Office of the issuing institution. Transcripts received that are “Issued to Student” will not be accepted by NursingCAS.
Send Transcripts to:
NursingCAS Transcript Processing Center
P.O. Box 9201
Watertown, MA 02471
- All transfer students need to complete the Augusta University Nursing Supplemental application. Current enrolled degree-seeking undergraduate students do not need to submit the supplemental application.
- Application Fee: $45 for all applicants; plus an additional $45 fee and Augusta University supplemental application required for transfer students who are not currently Augusta University enrolled, degree-seeking students
- GPA: A minimum GPA of 2.80 (on a 4.0 scale) is required. The average GPA for each incoming class is 3.45. This does not guarantee admission, but ensures that the applicant’s file will be reviewed, provided all other admission criteria are met. The overall GPA is calculated on all attempted academic courses and on completion of the required core . Multiple attempts of courses are all calculated in the GPA.*Please note that Augusta University does not use a plus/minus grading system. For the admissions process, applicants’ GPAs are re-calculated to align with the grading system at Augusta University.
- References: Recommendations from two individuals are required. Nursing applicants must use two (2) college instructors (Teaching Assistant is accepted) OR one (1) college instructor and (1) one workplace supervisor. Reference must have known applicant for at least three (3) months. Do not use family/personal friends, clergy or healthcare provider for references. One (1) coach may be used. Undergraduate reference forms and letters must be submitted online only. Applicants list names and provide contact information for two individuals as references during the on line application process. Once the application is received by our office, each reference will receive an email directing them to complete the online reference form. The completed reference form will then be forwarded to the Augusta University College of Nursing via the online application system, Nursing CAS. Please note: Reference forms will be sent electronically to your selected individuals once your application has been submitted to Nursing CAS. Please be sure to allow enough time for reference forms to be sent AND returned. Applications submitted the last week of the application deadline may not allow enough time for this process.
- TEAS: Successful completion of the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS V) exam within the last two years of application date. TEAS scores before August 1, 2014 will not be accepted
- Minimum score: at or above 75 (Adjusted Individual Total Score)
- Official scores must be received directly from ATI BEFORE THE APPLICATION DEADLINE to be considered. Information and study guide are available at www.ATItesting.com. Applicants can take the test at a variety of locations, including the testing center at Augusta University, Summerville Campus. . If applicant takes TEAS at Augusta University, the scores are sent to Augusta University Office of Academic Admissions and the BSN Program Office within 7 days. If you test at a non-Augusta University location, please order an official score report from ATI Testing, Inc to be sent to: Augusta University – Augusta. ATI will submit the score electronically to Augusta University
Address: 1120 15th St, Augusta, GA 30912
Submit your review