- The baccalaureate training program at Allen College prepares professional nurses who can practice in various settings. The Traditional BSN Option enables pupils to complete all nursing coursework of the training program in 5 consecutive semesters (2 and one-half years) of regular study.
- At least a number of prescribed general education credits and also specified courses must be completed before admittance to the College and also before enrolment in the Upper Division Traditional BSN Option. Pupils must complete at least 124 semester hours of coursework to earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree.
- Students must complete at least 57 semester hours of general education coursework as defined in the plan of study.
About the school
- Allen College is a nursing institution situated in Waterloo, Iowa, USA. It is a non-public, not-for-profit institution.
- In the year 1925, the Allen Memorial Hospital along with the Allen Memorial Hospital School of Nursing was unveiled. The school was shut as a result of the Great Depression. It reopened in the year 1942, and in the year 1989 the school became the Allen College of Nursing. The school was renamed Allen College in the year 1997.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $24,160
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
The Traditional BSN option begins each year in the fall and spring. Applications will not be considered until all required materials are received. Review of complete applicant files begins after each priority deadline. The review process requires six to eight weeks.
Fall: February 1
Spring: June 1
High School Applicants
(EAGER – Exceptional Applicant Guaranteed Early Enrollment)
The EAGER admission process allows outstanding high school students, or college students with fewer than 25 semester hours of academic credit, to request admission to Allen College. If an EAGER applicant is admitted, enrollment is guaranteed for a specified spring term. All admission criteria must be maintained, including satisfactory completion of, at the minimum, 45 semester hours of required general education courses prior to matriculation at Allen College.
- EAGER applicants must meet at least two of the following three criteria:
**EAGER students are guaranteed admission for the spring start only
- ACT composite score of 25 or above or another equivalent standardized college entrance test score
- Minimum cumulative high school grade point average of 3.8 on a 4.0 scale
- High school rank in the upper 20% of their graduating class
Transfer applicants must have a minimum of 25 earned semester hours of college credit, including a minimum of six semester hours of required natural science coursework, prior to admission review.
- Transfer applicants must have a minimum grade point average of 2.9 (on a 4.0 scale) in the following courses:
- English Composition
- Oral Communication
- Human Growth & Development
- Anatomy and Physiology I
- Anatomy and Physiology II
- A minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.7 on a 4.0 scale for all post-secondary coursework is required
- Earn a grade of C or higher in all of the following courses:
- Anatomy & Physiology I
- Anatomy & Physiology II
- Lifespan Human Growth & Development
- General Psychology
- Earn grade of C- or higher in all other required prerequisite general education courses
Address: 1990 Heath St, Waterloo, IA 50703
Submit your review