- As a graduate of the Alderson Broaddus University School of Nursing, you will be equipped as a generalist in nursing, competent to provide leadership in various settings such as community health, general hospital care, emergency care, and also intensive care.
- Clinical experiences for applying your classroom studies begin in the sophomore year. These clinical experiences place you in various settings, usually a small group, with a high level of personalized attention from the instructor. Clinicals are carried out in hospitals in Clarksburg, Morgantown, Elkins, and also Weston. Upon graduation, you will obtain a B.S.N. degree and will be competent to sit and take the National Council Licensure Exam for
- With a baccalaureate degree in nursing from ABU, you will join the professionals committed to excellence in health care. At the University, you can prepare to make a difference.
About the school
- Alderson Broaddus University— informally called “AB” — is a non-public, four-year liberal arts university, situated in Philippi, West Virginia, United States.
- Alderson Broaddus was created in 1932 as Alderson–Broaddus College by the union of 2 Baptist institutions: Alderson Academy (established 1901) as well as Broaddus Institute (founded 1871; relocated to Philippi, 1909). The school adopted its present name in the year 2013.
- Noted for its health science, education, natural science and also music programs, the school offers various majors in 5 academic divisions: Education and Special Programs, Natural Sciences, Health Sciences, Humanities and Social Sciences. It was the very first college in West Virginia to offer a 4-year degree in nursing and the very first in the nation to offer a 4-year physician assistant degree.
Total estimated cost of attendance is approximately $28,950
Following are the minimum requirements for BSN Nursing Program. Minimum admission standards include:
- Admission to the university
- Transcript from all prior academic work
- Certified Background Check & Drug Screen through castlebranch.com
- Minimum GPA: 3.2 from college course work
- Testing requirements, including SAT and ACT requirements. an average SAT score of 1040. If you’re submitting an SAT score, not an ACT score. If you submit an ACT score with Writing, you do not need SAT subject tests.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation
- Required course work:
- English 4
- Math 3
- Science 3
- Foreign Language
- Social Studies 1
Address: 101 College Hill Rd, Philippi, WV 26416, USA
Submit your review